Welcome to the website of the 2017 conference on New Combustion Concepts hosted and organized by the Clean Combustion Research Center (CCRC) at KAUST.
Delegates from academia, government laboratories and industry are invited to attend the 2017 conference on New Combustion Concepts hosted and organized by the Clean Combustion Research Center (CCRC) at KAUST. The three day workshop will be held between 6 to 8 March, 2017.
The conference will be organized around five topical areas:
Plasma assisted combustion
Electrically assisted combustion
Advanced engine combustion
Novel engine combustion
New combustion technology
It will bring together leading experts from academia, national laboratories and industry to promote international collaborations in establishing the research and development direction for diverse new ideas towards clean and efficient combustion systems.
- To organize an international forum to stimulate an open discussion around the research issues concerning new combustion concepts and to build on lessons from the field experts with past success.
- To foster collaborations and interactions between CCRC and the global research community.
The conference will feature a poster session, five keynote lectures and fifteen invited contributions from renowned experts in academia and industry. Over 120 participants are expected.
Invited Speakers include:
- Igor Adamovich, Ohio State University, USA
- Choongsik Bae, KAIST, Korea
- Anne Bourdon, Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas, France
- Ingemar Denbratt, Chalmers , Sweden
- Derek Dunn-Rankin, University of California Irvine, USA
- Wayne Eckele, Cummins, USA
- Yiguang Ju, Princeton University, USA
- Hyun-Ha Kim, AIST, Japan
- Shuji Kimura, Nissan, Japan
- Lucien Koopmans, Volvo Cars and Chalmers Univ., Sweden
- Staffan Lundgren, Volvo Trucks, Sweden
- Oliver Paschereit, TU Berlin, Germany
- Paul Ronney, University of Southern California, USA
- Mark Sellnau, Delphi, USA
- Joseph Shepherd, Caltech, USA
- Svetlana Starikovskaya, Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas, France
- Noboru Uchida, A. C. E. Institute, Japan
- Robert Wagner, ORNL, USA
Travel fellowships for students and postdoctoral researchers will be awarded on the basis of merit. Fellowships cover all costs associated with attending the workshop including airfares and accommodation. Registration will be open between 15 November and 10 December 2016.
Registration for Travel Fellowship closed