Delegates from academia, government laboratories and industry are invited to attend the 2020 conference on ‘Transition to Low Carbon Mobility’ hosted and organized by the Clean Combustion Research Center (CCRC) at KAUST.
Travel fellowships for students and postdoctoral researchers will be awarded on the basis of merit. Fellowships cover all costs associated with attending the workshop includingairfares and accommodation.
Registration is closed for participants outside KAUST.
The conference will be organized around three topical areas:
1. Low Carbon Fuels and Engines: This topic encompasses talks and discussions on biofuels, hydrogen carriers, and other non-traditional fuels and the engine technologies that can use them. Speakers will discuss the major challenges limiting adoption and deployment of these new fuel/engine systems and the research opportunities.
2. Impact of Low Carbon Mobility: This topic will feature talks and discussions from thought leaders on the impact of these various fuel/engine systems on reducing the sector’s carbon footprint, including life cycle analyses of these systems.
3. Moving up the TRL scale: This topic will focus on the particular challenges and opportunities associated with moving technologies out of the TRL 1-3 levels and through the valley of death to demonstration scale and beyond.
Invited Speakers include
- Jann Albercht, CEO, Saudia Airlines
- Mohamed R. AlGhailani, Strategy Development Specialist, Boeing
- Jorge Antunes, CEO, Tecnoveritas
- Mr. John Battaglini, Business Development Director, Lockheed Martin Energy
- Meredeth Colket, Senior Fellow, UTRC, Retired
- George Dimopoulos, Principal Specialist, DNVGL Hellas S.A.
- Troy Hawkins, Fuels and Products Group Leader, Argonne National Laboratory
- Mitsuo Hitomi, Global Powertrain Head, Mazda
- Jari Hyvönen, Technical Manager, Wärtsilä
- Aqil Jamal, Chief Technologist, Carbon Management Research Division, Saudi Aramco
- Vaglieco Bianca Maria, Director of Research, Istituto Motori-CNR
- Salvador Navarro-Martinez, Faculty of Engineering, Imperial College London
- Tadeu Cordeiro de Melo, Senior Consultant, Petrobras
- Kai Morganti, Transport & Fuels Research Specialist, Saudi Aramco
- Walter P. Purio, Managing Director, P & H Marine
- James Turner, Professor of Engines and Energy Systems, University of Bath
Travel fellowships for students and postdoctoral researchers will be awarded on the basis of merit. Fellowships cover all costs associated with attending the workshop, including airfare and accommodation.