Delegates from academia, government laboratories and industry are invited to attend the 2020 conference on ‘Transition to Low Carbon Mobility’ hosted and organized by the Clean Combustion Research Center (CCRC) at KAUST.
Travel fellowships for students and postdoctoral researchers will be awarded on the basis of merit. Fellowships cover all costs associated with attending the workshop including airfares and accommodation.
Registration is closed
The conference will be organized around three topical areas:
1. Low Carbon Fuels and Engines: This topic encompasses talks and discussions on biofuels, hydrogen carriers, and other non-traditional fuels and the engine technologies that can use them. Speakers will discuss the major challenges limiting adoption and deployment of these new fuel/engine systems and the research opportunities.
2. Impact of Low Carbon Mobility: This topic will feature talks and discussions from thought leaders on the impact of these various fuel/engine systems on reducing the sector’s carbon footprint, including life cycle analyses of these systems.
3. Moving up the TRL scale: This topic will focus on the particular challenges and opportunities associated with moving technologies out of the TRL 1-3 levels and through the valley of death to demonstration scale and beyond.
Invited Speakers include
- Aqil Jamal, Chief Technologist, Carbon Management Research Division, Saudi Aramco
- Mohamed R. AlGhailani, Strategy Development Specialist, Boeing
- Meredeth Colket, Senior Fellow, UTRC, Retired
- Capt. Ibrahim Koshy, COO, Saudia Airlines
- John Battaglini, Business Development Director, Lockheed Martin Energy
- Pat Symonds, Chief Technical Officer, Motorsports Division, FORMULA 1
- Kyoung Doug Min, Professor, Seoul National University
- Lisa Farrell, Director, Advanced System Integration in Research and Technology, Cummins Inc
- Bianca Maria Vaglieco, Director of Research, Istituto Motori-CNR
- Salvador Navarro-Martinez, Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London
- Tadeu Cordeiro de Melo, Senior Consultant, Petrobras
- Bengt Johansson, Professor, Clean Combustion Research Center, KAUST
- James Turner, Professor of Engines and Energy Systems, University of Bath
- Troy Hawkins, Fuels and Products Group Leader, Argonne National Laboratory
- Kai Morganti, Project Manager, Transport Workstream, Strategy & Policy Department, The Oil and Gas Climate Initiative (OGCI)
- Jorge Antunes, CEO, Tecnoveritas
- George Dimopoulos, Principal Specialist, DNVGL Hellas S.A.
- Ralph de Haan, Director of Business Development, NEOM
- Jari Hyvönen, Technical Manager, Wärtsilä
- Walter P. Purio, Managing Director, P & H Marine
Travel fellowships for students and postdoctoral researchers will be awarded on the basis of merit. Fellowships cover all costs associated with attending the workshop, including airfare and accommodation.